Thursday, June 29, 2006

I would like to start this blog with a little about my interests: cars and motorcycles.




My present car, and probably the one I'll have for the rest of my life, is a 1955 Chevy Nomad. I originally bought this car in September 1970 while I was stationed at March AFB near Riverside, CA. It was my first car. I owned it until November 1975 when I sold it to help finance my first house. I kept in touch with the new owner, Dave Oster of Troy, NY, despite having relocated numerous times. In July 1999 I recieved a call from Dave asking if I would like to buy the car back. After my initial shock and disbelief we made the necessary arrangements and I took possession of the Nomad that September. Since then I have put a new frame under it, had the interior redone and babied it with all kinds of upgrades.


November 2003 I was bitten with the motorcycling bug. My present bikes are a 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad and a 2002 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Standard. I am a member of the Vulcan Riders & Owners Club (VROC) and have been to three rallies in the past year: Kanab, UT, Eureka Springs, AR and Custer, SD. My next motorcycle trip will be to Monterey, CA to see my stepdaughter, Rebecca, who is in the Air Force and attending the Defense Language Institute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home